Recipe: Apple Cinnamon High Protein Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop High Protein Meal Replacement, Crème
- Optional: sweetener of choice to taste (honey, stevia, etc.)
- In a medium saucepan bring water to boil over medium-high heat.
- Add oats and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring frequently. Cook for 3-5 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add apple, cinnamon, and sweetener (if using); mix well. Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add High Protein Meal Replacement, mix well.
- Divide evenly into two serving bowls. If preferred, save one serving in resealable container (without adding protein) in refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in microwave, and add protein powder just before serving.
Nutrient totals per serving (without added sweetener):
|Sugar (added)||<1 g|